Orders in multiples of 8
- A6 size card 148mm x 105mm
- Quality pearlescent paper giving a beautiful shimmering effect
- Hand finished rounded corners
- Pearlescent pearl envelope
- Hand packed in self seal cello bags
- Individual GS1 barcodes for retailers with POS systems
Description on the reverse of the card:
Spring Snow at Kiyomizu Temple
by Hasui Kawase (1883-1957)
Kiyomizu Temple was founded in 1798 and the structure was impressively built without a single nail, still stands today. The popular expression ‘to jump off the stage at Kiyomizu’ is the Japanese equivalent of the English expression ‘to take the plunge’. This refers to an Edo period tradition held that, if one were to survive a 13 metre jump from the stage, one’s wish would be granted.
234 jumps were recorded in the Edo period. The practice is now prohibited!